What is a Pumpkin Peel Facial
The pumpkin peel facial has ascended as a popular alternative to aggressive acid peels that have primarily been used. This squash like fruit when utilized for facial treatments is gentle in comparison and contains a diversified array of benefits to the skin.
Pumpkins have elevated concentrations of vitamins C, A, and Beta-Carotene. These antioxidant properties are a great source to help fight free radicals and aid in treating sun damage caused by overexposure. Pumpkins additionally contain healthy doses of zinc and potassium which are an essential foundation to nourishing the skin. The natural enzymes and alpha hydroxyl acids found within a pumpkin help to exfoliate your skin and to lighten tone.
Treatment and Benefits
Depending on one’s skin type, whether it is normal, dry, oily, sensitive or combination skin, a pumpkin peel facial treatment can take up to 90 minutes to perform a thorough cleansing, moisturization and finishing on the face. Immediately following a treatment, the skin is immediately left feeling rejuvenated and refreshed. Healthy skin formulation will be promoted by the stimulation of collagen and elastin production resulting from the treatment. In comparison to a glycolic peel which can be considered harsh (yet effective) on sensitive skin, this type of peel is soft and there is no down time.
Depending on the problem condition of the skin, a series of pumpkin peel facial treatments can be recommended. These treatments have been found to be effective at:
• Improving the skin’s facial complexion overall
• Improving texture
• Sloughing off dead surface cells
• Stimulating the production of elastin and collagen
• Helping to lighten the hyper-pigmentation of skin
• Softening fine lines and visible wrinkles
• Improving the moisture of the skin
By adding in a couple more treatments:
• Microdermabrasion to eliminate dead the skin cells on the face to provide greater treatment upon fresh skin
• Eye brow tinting and shaping to intensify brow color to help frame the eyes and shape the face
This pumpkin peel facial is a refreshing treatment that will greatly improve and enhance one’s look this fall.